All the cancelled concerts of spring 2020 will be held during autumn 2020 and spring 2021.
The autumn concert series features some of the top Finnish musicians, such as piano artists Henri Sigfridsson, Emil Holmström and Paavali Jumppanen as well as cello artists Marko Ylönen and Eeva Rysä.
Literature and Beethoven as themes
The theme of the concerts in September and November will be ‘Literature meets music’. The concerts of the autumn 2020 series will not forget the 250th anniversary year of Beethoven’s birth, either. Risto Lauriala (in the photo) will perform the composer’s Diabelli Variations in October. The concert series will end with the third concert of the performance series of Beethoven’s violin sonatas started in spring, performed by Laura Vikman and Kirill Kozlovski. Free entrance!
WAM Tuesday concerts, autumn 2020
At 7 p.m.
- 1 September Duo Lehtinen & Lipasti, Pauliina Lehtinen, violin, Sakari Lipasti, piano
- 8 September Mia Simanainen, lyrics, poems Literature meets music. You can also watch the concert live streaming in www.omakirjasto.fi.
- 15 September Eeva Mattila, piano
- 13 October Eriikka Maalismaa, violin, Emil Holmström, piano
- 20 October Risto Lauriala, piano Beethoven 250
- 27 October Eeva Rysä, cello, Jouko Laivuori, piano
- 3 November Hanna Hohti, viola, Anna Kuvaja, piano
- 10 November Marika Kivinen, mezzo soprano, Andreas Nordström, tenor, Tuuli Lempa, piano
- 17 November Turku Ensemble
- 24 November Marko Ylönen, cello, Risto Lauriala, piano
- 1 December Henri Sigfridsson, piano, and Turku Ensemble
- 8 December Takuya Takashima, oboe, Tuulia Ylönen, clarinet, Etienne Boudreault, bassoon, and Ville Hiilivirta, French horn, Paavali Jumppanen, piano
- 15 December Laura Vikman, violin, Kirill Kozlovski, piano (Beethoven’s violin sonatas III) Beethoven 250
NB. The concurrent number of visitors in the concerts is restricted to 50 persons to ensure the safety of all.