Good to know
- Personal assistants of disabled persons get free admission to the museum.
- Guide dogs and service dogs are allowed in the museum.
- You can borrow a lightweight wheelchair or a pram from the information desk.
- There are benches and movable folding chairs in the exhibition halls.
- The ticket office have a hearing loop.
The Wäinö Aaltonen Museum of Art is partially accessible
You can access the museum terrace from Paavo Nurmen puistotie, where there is an entrance without steps. There is a ramp and an automatic door by the main entrance. The lobby and Café Wäinö are fully accessible, as are the toilets in the lobby.
NB! The lift is not in use right now.
The main exhibition halls in the museum are located on three levels. There is a stairlift to the first level and a lift between the first and second levels. Capacity of the lift is 225 kg. The third level is only accessible by a stairwell, as is the exhibition hall of the Photographic Centre Peri.
The staff at Wäinö Aaltonen Museum of Art is happy to assist you. You can also ask us about the accessibility of the museum.